Ross Johnstone ~ The Life and the Laughs

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Mensa IQ Test

I had a Mensa IQ test today at UCL, Mr Morley's university, so by definition a good university.

When I was planning on booking my IQ test I found out that it was bring along a friend to do the test too for free, so since I had previously discussed it with Jack, we booked him in for a test too.

So after school, we got some food at McDonald's, and then got the train to Kings Cross, and then the tube to Euston Square, and had a short walk to UCL.

It's a very nice university, one which I would not mind studying mathematics at, and the chances are it will be on my list of universities I apply to in just over two years.

The test was split into two papers, the Cattell paper and the Culture Fair paper. The latter is purely noticing patterns in a more pictorial sense with no language involved, to make sure the test was not favouring middle-class white Westerners.

The former, which was far more verbally based, was much easier in my opinion, and the latter I found more difficult.

If my IQ scores in the top 2% nationally I'll be invited to join Mensa, but I will have to wait two to four weeks before I receive my results. But be sure, I'll post how I did.

Unless it's embarrassing.

RJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home