Ross Johnstone ~ The Life and the Laughs

Friday, October 13, 2006

National Poetry Day

I went to the Globe Theatre a week ago yesterday, on National Poetry Day, to go to the "award ceremony" for the Foyle Young Poets of the Year Award.

It was a few speeches and then the top 15 winners (of which I was not one) were presented with their prizes, which were the same as mine just with a week-long residential course about poetry or something. I'm so jealous...

Then everyone had some drinks and snacks whilst standing around talking, so me and my dad left a bit early, and collected my free two poetry books, and my membership card to the Poetry Society, which expires on the 4th of October, 2007.

If an anthology of the 100 winners' poems is published, I'll definitely get it (even though it's such a con) as I'll be able to find out which of my three poems was considered a "winner".

I hope it's the one entitled "Dear Eleanor" because it would mean that I'd be able to find out how it goes, as I don't think I saved a copy of it anywhere.

RJ

1 Comments:

  • it's not a con,its such a good competition, but they never publish beyond the 15 winners :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home