Ross Johnstone ~ The Life and the Laughs

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Shrove Tuesday

Happy Pancake Day everyone!

I myself am about to go downstairs into the kitchen and make some pancakes. I haven't made any for about a year probably, which would make sense, as one year ago (give or take a few days) was Pancake Day.

If you want to try making some pancakes yourself, this is the recipe I'm using, only without the lemon or sugar at the end. Probably just some syrup. Sweeet. Hopefully I won't blow anything up. No guarantees though.

So tomorrow is the first of 40 days of Lent. I myself am not going to be giving anything up as, to be honest, what is the point?

I mean, if some people want to give up chocolate for Lent, good for them, as long as they keep it up. But I wouldn't be able to do it, so I won't bother trying.

I would like to know your thoughts on Lent and giving things up, so post a comment and tell me if you're giving anything up or not, and if you are, tell us why.

Back to pancakes, I'm gonna go make some now. May have to pick up some supplies from Sainsbury's first, but that's only 5 minutes down the road, so not too hard a task.

I'll post again in a few hours to let you know how it went.

RJ

4 Comments:

  • I am not giving up anything for lent, as you said "whats the point?"
    I was originally going to give up MSN after a downhill slide of school grades and going out in what is known as a 'social life,' but again what is the point? MSN is the only thing that keeps me sane from working continuously and becoming a mega nerd and actually doing summit interesting with my life. So i decided to keep it, and that is my comment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:35 PM  

  • What I don't get about lent is why not give it up anytime? Why for lent? Why the FUCK do you need religion to tell you when to give up the chockie-wockie-doo-dah?
    And I could give up chocolate forever, easily. Ask anyone. But I choose not to. There are better things I could use my willpower on. Like helping to end world poverty.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:52 PM  

  • 1. Pancakes are gross and taste of flour so why does anyone like them?
    2. For Lent I'm giving up MSN! Go me. :D

    Lizzie xxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 PM  

  • I never give up anything for ANYTHING (or anyone). And no New Years Resolutions either. Silly things.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home