Ross Johnstone ~ The Life and the Laughs

Monday, February 27, 2006

UK Intermediate Maths Challenge

We did it about a month ago or so.

Results came back some time last week.

I came 3rd in my year, with 92 out of a possible 135, which is a safe gold, as a gold certificate was awarded to marks of 72 and above. Kyri Papolouca came 2nd with 97, and Robert Daw came 1st with 104. I never really knew he was that good at maths, but I guess he is. Good on him.

Me, Kyri and Robert have qualified for the Olympiad, and the 7 (I think) people below me qualified for the Kangaroo, that's Jack, Tristan, Florence, Lauren and some other people who I can't remember at the moment. Good luck to all in their endeavours.

I'd quite like to get my paper back to see which questions I got wrong and what not, but that never happens, so I'm happy as it is.

I've managed to uphold my tradition of getting a gold in every maths challenge (first round) from year 5 on.

RJ

1 Comments:

  • ross, ross, ross.....wot ARE we going to do with you???

    well done on your maths challenge thingymagig =) i could have got full marks if i'd tried, but coz i don't like to make other people feel bad, i decided to go for the silver medal!! haha =p

    ta ta 4 now =) luv uuuuu boffin xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home