Ross Johnstone ~ The Life and the Laughs

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Orthodontist, 14th March '06

I had to go to the orthodontist today, in London, near the Barbican Theatre.

I like to think of an orthodontist as a qualified dentist.

The orthodontist is actually the sister of my dentist. So there you go. My dentist said I ought to go and see an orthodontist, and so recommended her sister. The dentist probably gets a 30% cut of the profits from recommending people to her sister.

So I got on the train after school today to Moorgate, to meet my dad. We had dinner in McDonald's, and then took a taxi to the orthodontist's.

We got there 10 minutes before my appointment, but as she was not seeing anybody else at the time we went straight in.

She had a quick look at my teeth and sent me upstairs for some x-rays. Four x-rays to be exact. Two little ones of my jaw, and two big ones of my whole head, essentially. For each I had to have my teeth in a different position, so they can have a good look at each tooth and all that.

This is one of the little ones:



Unsurprisingly, the teeth labelled baby tooth are my 2 remaining baby teeth.

The surprising part is that I have 2 remaining baby teeth.

More surprisingly still, the reason I still have those 2 baby teeth is that, as seen in the x-ray, there are no adult teeth under them to grow and push out the baby teeth, meaning I'm stuck with these baby teeth.

But for now, that's no problem as they're in excellent condition. I'm probably going to lose them at about 30 or so, and have to get some kind of fake tooth installed, but thanks to excellent modern technology, they can just "glue" a fake little tooth thing to the sides of the two neighbouring teeth. Nobody will notice it's not a real tooth unless I tell them, so I'm not complaining.

I've also got some crowded teeth in the lower set, but the effort required to fix it is not worth it, as it would only be a temporary solution anyway, and unless I wore a retainer for most of my life, the teeth would revert back to how they are now. Unless they get much worse over the next year, I probably won't get anything done to them.

The teeth in the far corners of my mouth are my wisdom teeth. Odd angles, but it's apparently normal. They'll start coming out when I'm about 18.

I'm going to see her again in about a year, by which time I've got to have made up my mind about what to do with my teeth.

I'll probably just leave them how they are.

RJ

6 Comments:

  • Heyy its mee agen =D
    yhh u told me 2 write a comment so datz wot im doin!
    lol ur soo effin lucky u dnt ave 2 get train tracks!..theyre just so crap!..but itz all worth it wen dere off..sept den u get retainers which also r pretty shit bcoz dere so uncomfortable + make u talk weird lol...
    Ooo gawwdd i actually dont know wot the hell im gna do about food coursework due in on friday i think im actually gna get a U im so behind im stressin out loadss bout it!..
    well yhh im off nw pretty pointless msg but ya kno!
    charlie x x x (incase u hadnt realized lool)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM  

  • helloooooooooooooooooooooooo my favbourite ross in the world apart form the ross that lived up north who only ate chicken dippers...but asides that ur my favourite one...isnt it a coinkidink that we both had xrays and abnormal baby teeths..but mine are all gone...ALL GONE...hehe..my little msn buddy...me n sam are having a whale of a time here...bitching...not about u tho coz ur my favourite and if she ever said ANYthing bad about u she will die!!!...i just hit her coz her hands r in the webcam...i best be talking more on msn now coz otherwise my msn deficiency willbe too low <-- ddnt make sense.....oh well im sure ill live and english my pass exam.....oopsy wrong again...

    luv u LOADS ROSSYKINS

    sorry
    ross

    sam ses bi

    .:*:.MaDzY WaDzY.:*:.
    Sham Sham

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 PM  

  • Hey Ross, wahey little mr baby teeth (hehehehehe) that will stick now :) i dont have to have braces either :):) supposedly, i blatantly will eventually but hey. you left me in the library yesterday!!!! iu cudnt believe that, that was soooo mean of u. evil... nehoooo lol byeeeeee (AAAAH ive not gone on msn for 15days absolute torture man)
    lizzie xxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

  • I have all my adult teeth already.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:45 PM  

  • Yes but you are a short ass so that cancels that out.

    By Blogger mochefaerie, at 9:21 PM  

  • hiya nice baby teeth hehe maddys mean neva forget it ur my favouritest ross eva i actually no anuva 2 rosses so its sayin alot omg italian is hard luv ya



    Sam xxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home